We’ve got great news for all of you sports car enthusiasts out there – Toyota has unveiled yet another amazing sporty concept! This new Toyota hit the stage earlier this week at the 2014 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, turning heads with its unbelievably slick appearance. The sports car was developed in line with a comment from Akio Toyoda, who once stated that his team needed to come up with a car that would make people say “I want this… I HAVE to drive this!” We can definitely say that the Toyota FT-1 evokes those exact thoughts, at least at our Orlando Toyota dealership!
Toyota of Orlando explores the Toyota FT-1
“FT” stands for Future Toyota, and the 1 behind the name signifies BEING #1 – this sports car is considered to be the ultimate vehicle for drivers who want a red-hot appearance and an intense performance to go along with it. Here are some of the highlights of its appearance that we noticed right off the bat:
- The new Toyota FT-1 sits extremely low to the ground, and its lines are fluid – this is because designers wanted drivers to feel like the car had actually been sculpted by the wind flowing over it. (This also enhances the aerodynamics that go along with this incredible sports car.)
- The exterior is very curvaceous, with exaggerated intakes, ducting, and vents. There’s even a retractable wing in the rear that can tilt forward to work the aerodynamics to the max. It comes in a bombastic hot-red color, and has dark accents liberally applied throughout to heighten the drama of its appearance (it’s working).
- The interior of the new Toyota FT-1 really caught our eye here at Toyota of Orlando. The first thing we noticed is how it’s set up like a cockpit. It has a wraparound glass windshield and side glass openings that Toyota pulled from the original Orlando Toyota 2000GT, one of their legendary sports cars. It also boasts a unique position – Toyota set it far back from the front of the car to help improve balance and performance.
Take a closer look at this incredible new Toyota sports car concept!
- The interior also boasts a display that wraps around the driver to intensify the driving experience, as well as a minimalist design and a color heads-up display, a feature you’d find in some models of the Orlando Toyota Prius. Additionally, you’ll find features that are made of lightweight materials to enhance performance, and carefully designed padding to keep the driver and passenger comfortable.
- When it comes to performance, the new Toyota FT-1 kicks back to predecessors like the Toyota 2000GT or the most current sports car, the Scion FR-S. It’s a rear-wheel drive system with a high-powered engine – Toyota hasn’t released any details about it, but given the amount of consideration that was put into making this concept car aerodynamic and lightweight, we’re willing to bet it’s pretty impressive!
We can’t wait to see if this new Toyota FT-1 concept will morph into something that hits our lots in the near future! Want to learn more about the Toyota FT-1 or take a look at some of our current sports car options? Come down and see us at Toyota of Orlando today – we’re off I-4 near the Millenia Mall at 3575 Vineland Road!