Toyota is an automotive company with a long and illustrious history, but have you ever taken a look at the history of any of our new Scion in Orlando? Scion has only been around for ten years – 2013 marks their ten year anniversary – but their history is also full of highlights and innovation. After all, innovation is a principle upon which the brand was founded! Toyota decided that they wanted a way to better reach younger and trendier customers, and they hit the nail on the head by integrating the Scion brand into their company.
Explore the history of all of our new Scion in Orlando
The Scion brand is based upon creativity and individuality, and those ideologies are prevalent in each and every new Scion in Orlando that we host at our dealership! Each vehicle has unique design elements, an impressive performance, and levels of affordability and reliability that are hard to beat. Let’s take a closer look at this incredible brand’s inception and life thus far!
- The Scion brand became a reality in 2002 with the introduction of their first concept car at the New York Auto Show – the new Scion bbX. This concept was actually the basis for the present-day Scion xB! The next concept to be unveiled was the new Scion ccX, which was revealed in early 2003. Guess which new Scion this concept was the foundation for? The 2013 Scion tC in Orlando!
- Scion took things from concept to reality a bit later in 2003 – the 2004 Scion xB and Scion xA were released, but you could only find them if you lived on the West Coast as they were primarily sold in California. Drivers loved the innovative cars, and Scion soon spread its distribution nationwide in 2004!
- In 2005, a new member joined the family – the Scion tC became available as the first sports coupe in the lineup. It’s done incredibly well, and two special release series limited editions have been created so far!
- 2007 brought the new Scion xD into the picture – it was introduced to replace the Scion xA and give drivers more interior space and versatility than its predecessor.
- 2011 led the way for the 2012 Scion iQ! This city solution was compact enough for urban drivers to navigate tight city streets, while at the same time carry three additional passengers and managing exceptional fuel efficiency.
- 2012 definitely was a high point in the life of the Scion brand – they collaborated with Subaru to create the 2013 Scion FR-S in Orlando, an affordable sports car option! This rear-wheel drive sports car has an incredibly sleek and sporty appearance, a powerful performance, and a price tag that’s hard to beat!
- However, that’s not all for Scion. This year marks their ten-year anniversary and a special lineup of five Scion limited editions – the Scion 10 Series! Each of these Scion cars is decked out to celebrate a successful and innovative ten years!
Test drive any of these Orlando Scion options today!
Why not come meet the entire Scion family in person? You can take each and every one for a test drive today at Toyota of Orlando. We’re at 3575 Vineland Road, and you can give us a ring at (888) 725-3520 to make your test drive appointment!