Toyota is bringing more production stateside – recently, the automotive giant invested money in opening new plants and improving existing plants right here in the US. This is usually a surprise to most consumers – they assume that since Toyota is primarily based overseas, that’s where the majority of the production takes place. That’s definitely not the case; in fact, every year Cars.com compiles a list of the top-ten American-made cars, and four of our new Toyota in Orlando made the list. We also had the most vehicles on the list out of all the other automotive brands!
Toyota sinks $30 million into Princeton, Indiana plant
The even more recent news that came to light means even more stimulus to the US economy – Toyota is investing $30 million into its production plant in Indiana so it can up its production of the new Toyota Highlander! The Princeton, Indiana plant also produces the Orlando Toyota Camry, and by investing this large chunk of money Toyota will be able to:
- Add 200 more jobs to the local economy
- Increase the factory’s output volume by 15,000 units
- Boast an overall investment of 4.2 billion in the Princeton plant
Exciting, to say the least! This Toyota plant currently employs about 4,500 employees and produces around 350,000 units a year, which allows American consumers to take vehicles like the Toyota Camry, Toyota Highlander, Toyota Sienna, and Toyota Sequoia to the streets!
2014 Toyota Highlander production to be increased!
This extra bit of investment will help push out more of the 2014 Toyota Highlander, which we’re eagerly awaiting at Toyota of Orlando! This new Toyota SUV is up for an incredible redesign that lends a more sophisticated and sleek appearance, but still integrates a huge deal of functionality to make it more family-friendly than ever. Here are a few highlights of what’s to come when we finally see the 2014 Toyota Highlander in Orlando!
- A new look – the redesigned Toyota Highlander in Orlando has a sleeker new silhouette, as well as a reconfigured grille in the front and new headlights and fenders. It also boasts 19″ chrome wheels, as well as a plush and sophisticated leather interior that’s perforated and heated for maximum comfort
- The option of a bench seat in the second row, or comfortable captain’s chairs. Versatility is yours in the new Toyota Highlander, as you’ll notice with the redesigned interior that lends extra space to the equation as well as a larger center console and a special shelf built right into the dash where you can stash small personal belongings for ease of access.
- New standard features were added into the mix for the 2014 model – it comes decked out with a touchscreen audio system and backup camera! Plus, you can tack on options like an 8-inch touch screen and Toyota’s Entune!
- New safety technology has been added, like a Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert!
However, that’s just a small sample of what’s to come with this incredible SUV. We’ll let you know when this new Toyota arrives, but check out the 2013 model – or any of the other American-made new Toyota in Orlando we host – today! We’re just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall!