When you think of the 2013 Toyota Avalon, you probably don’t immediately think “race-worthy”. While it’s definitely a whole lot sportier than its predecessors, this new Toyota in Orlando is more renowned for having incredible luxury on the inside and the latest technological gadgets woven into its design. Get ready to change your outlook of this amazing car yet again – Motor Trend recently got a chance to explore the Toyota Avalon TRD Edition (which was presented at SEMA 2012 last year), and we’ve got the scoop on their experiences. We actually got the opportunity to see this new Toyota TRD Edition at NADA 2013, and we were quite impressed!
New Toyota Avalon TRD Edition boasts major upgrades
Toyota took the new Toyota Avalon in Orlando and added Toyota Racing Development (TRD) accessories and parts to take things to the next level! Here are a few of the add-ons this special edition features:
- A lowered suspension – this lowers the center of gravity for the car, which results in better handling (especially when you’re hitting tight corners and turns)
- A supercharger, which allows for this new Toyota to produce 320 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque for major get-up-and-go. That means it goes from 0-60 in 6.5 seconds – this is definitely not your grandparents’ car.
- 19-inch alloy rims on the exterior to up the flash factor
- An incredible audio system for your listening experience – it’s JBL (the best of the best) and includes 15 speakers and two subwoofers
- A TRD sport exhaust and fine-tuned electric steering also take things up a level on this new Toyota
- The interior of this Orlando Toyota also features a new look, with a black leather interior trimmed with contrasting bright red stitching and special perforation
- You’ll also find smoky new accents on the rims and grille of the TRD Edition
Orlando Toyota Avalon is a sleek new sedan
Pretty excellent, huh? We’d love to see one of these new TRD models on our lot, but we’re not sure that will ever happen. However, the 2013 Toyota Avalon in Orlando still has a lot to offer drivers even if it’s not boasting these raceworthy upgrades! You can choose from four trim levels: the XLE, XLE Premium, XLE Touring, and Limited. Additionally, three hybrid models are also up for grabs if you want to go green and still rock a slick ride. Here are some of the absolutely incredible features you’ll find on this new Toyota in Central Florida!
- While you won’t find a supercharger in this vehicle, you’re still privy to a 3.5L V6 engine that manages 268 horsepower and 248 lb-ft of torque
- A super plush interior boasts sophisticated leather seats and trims, as well as a sleek display audio system integrated into the dash (it also packs major technology, like navigation options and Toyota’s Entune, as well as a backup camera)
- The slick exterior includes options like 18-inch silver-painted alloy wheels, a lower and more aggressive look, and a dual chrome-tipped exhaust
Why not come see it in person? Toyota of Orlando is open seven days a week until 10pm, and we run amazing new Toyota specials to help make your purchase that much more affordable. We’re off I-4 near the Millenia Mall, and you can give us a shout to set up an appointment for a test drive at (888) 725-3520 today!