Have you ever sat down and looked at the 2013 Scion FR-S and the 2013 Subaru BRZ side by side? At first glance, they appear to be the same vehicle. This is due to the fact that Toyota and Subaru collaborated on the vehicles together to come up with the incredibly affordable sports car, which boasts a front engine and a rear-wheel drive system. However, there are subtle differences in the vehicles that you’ll notice when you take a closer look. Apparently these differences are more noticeable than you’d think – the 2013 Scion FR-S in Orlando has managed to surpass the Subaru BRZ in sales this year so far, according to Edmunds!
How does the Orlando Scion FR-S stand out?
When they created these incredible sports cars, Subaru was in charge of engineering and performance aspects while Toyota took on the bulk of the design work. What resulted was an amazing concept that soon translated into two exceptional vehicles, both of which are now incredibly popular. It looks like the new Scion FR-S in Orlando is a bit more popular, however; according to Edmunds, in the US the Scion sports car outsells the Subaru 2.6 to 1! Edmunds speculates that this may be because the Subaru model is slightly more expensive and a little bit more difficult to find nationwide. Additionally, like we said, subtle differences do exist – let’s take a closer look at these amazing cars side by side!
- The 2013 Scion FR-S in Orlando is available in one trim-level – basically, what you see is what you get. This keeps the cost of the vehicle lower and allows for complete transparency for customers, as they know exactly what features are included in the purchase. The Subaru BRZ is available in multiple trim levels: Premium and Limited.
- The Subaru BRZ comes standard with navigation, Bluetooth hands-free controls, and an upgraded sound system (which is part of the reason why it’s more expensive than the its Scion counterpart). However, all of these options are up for grabs on the Scion model if you come down to Toyota of Orlando – all you have to do is ask if you’d like to include these upgrades on your new ride!
- Both of these car have subtle design differences when it comes to the bumpers and front grilles, and each boasts a brand-specific badge.
- You’ll also find different colors up for grabs for both vehicles, as paint colors are often specific to brand. For the Scion FR-S in Orlando, you’ll find incredible hues like Ultramarine, Firestorm, Hot Lava, and Raven.
- A final subtle difference that’s been noted by more experienced drivers is how each car feels when you’re behind the wheel. Sources like CarConnection have noticed that the 2013 Scion FR-S has more of a willingness to rotate around its central axis, improving its maneuverability a bit.
Test drive this new Scion today!
However, the only way to know for sure which of these sports cars is the right fit for you is to test drive them! Come on down to our Orlando Toyota Scion dealership today – we’ve got the entire Scion family up for grabs. We’re located at 3575 Vineland Road, and you can stop by for your test drive today! See you soon!