Toyota of Orlando loves seeing all the cool new concept cars Toyota is consistently coming out with – we recently took a look at the FT-HT, and were pretty impressed by the city-friendly hybrid. We also loved the Toyota Corolla Furia, as well as the new GT-86 (otherwise known as the convertible version of the very popular Scion FR-S in Orlando). Well, Toyota’s at it again – they recently revealed the ME.WE concept car, which is an all-electric option… but this is a lot different than other electric Toyota vehicles. It’s definitely no Toyota RAV4 EV! So, what’s different about this innovative car?
Will our Orlando Toyota dealership see this new Toyota concept anytime soon?
At first glance, appearance. It’s different than any other new Toyota in Orlando we have, as well as any of the innovative Toyota concepts floating around. First of all, it’s boxy in shape – almost like a bubbly Scion xB. It’s also quite subdued in color, boasting earth tones instead of the colorful palette for which Toyota is usually known. It also has a roomy and simple-looking interior that’s cloaked in muted soft colors, but don’t let that fool you… this Toyota concept is actually incredibly high-tech, just like its siblings. Our Orlando Toyota dealership will get you a closer look at what the Toyota ME.WE brings to the table!
- It’s all electric, for starters. Toyota drivers in Central Florida know how eco-friendly electric vehicles are, as they drastically reduce emissions that perpetuate smog. It’s got an electric powertrain, and get this – it has a motor in each wheel. Just like the Toyota i-Road concept, this concept car has four wheels that each have an independent motor, allowing it to offer both tw0- and four-wheel drive.
- It also has under-floor batteries like the Toyota RAV4 EV, which adds a sleeker look to the interior and more space to boot.
- Also, this new Toyota concept provides the driver with information via a sleek and sophisticated smart phone, which makes the interior incredibly minimalist, as mentioned.
- It also integrated solar power panels into the body panels, which explains the look. They’re 100% recyclable, too!
This cool Toyota concept is also exceptionally eco-friendly, as witnessed by the solar panels incorporated into the design. You’ll find thoughtful additions like:
- An interior that’s made of renewable materials, including bamboo
- Both the heating and AC systems use low-energy pumps to cut down on energy use, and Toyota put heated seats into the mix to help save even more effort when it comes to staying warm.
Finally, it’s light! (Which helps with performance, undoubtedly.) It weighs just under 1,700 pounds due to the lightweight materials that construct it. Oh, and did we mention that all the windows – including the windshield – can power down? Talk about letting the outside in! This eco-friendly new Toyota takes things to the next level, and we can’t wait to see what Toyota comes up with next.
Discover innovation in our new Toyota in Orlando!
Want to learn more about the innovation this automotive titan embraces? Just come down and check out our new Toyota in Orlando! We’ve got a great selection of all types of vehicles at Toyota of Orlando, and we can help you find the one you’re looking for. We’re at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall. See you soon!