While the Orlando Toyota Prius is certainly a popular option here in Central Florida, it’s even more well-liked in other areas of the US. Unsurprisingly, it’s risen to high popularity out in California, and it’s even gaining ranks in Oregon – especially in the environmentally conscious city of Portland. Data was gathered by Polk, which is a well-known automotive data solutions provider; they decided to see how many drivers in California had actually registered the new Toyota Prius as their vehicle in 2012. The numbers are in, and guess what? This new Toyota made the top of the list, with 61,893 registrations last year alone? What makes this unique hybrid such an in-demand vehicle, however?
Why is the 2013 Toyota Prius in Orlando so popular?
- Some people are speculating that the reason the Orlando Toyota Prius family resonates in California is because of the incredibly high has prices out there. California is well over $4.00/gallon right now in some places, and every single member of this hybrid family promises amazing fuel efficiency. In fact, the Toyota Prius c (the most compact and sportiest sibling in the bunch) offers 53 mpg in the city and 48 mpg in the highway to take the lead! The Hybrid Synergy Drive System technology under the hood allows for this, as it alternates using an electric motor and a gasoline engine as a source of power.
- Others conjecture that the reason this new Orlando Toyota is so popular in California is because it’s so eco-friendly, and being environmentally sensitive takes a large precedence in the state. Toyota hybrids use the aforementioned electric motor in conjunction with a gasoline engine, so the amount of emissions they produce is severely reduced. This is especially helpful in congested cities like Los Angeles, where smog is a big problem and the heavy traffic only exacerbates the issue!
What technology can you expect on this Orlando Toyota?
However, maybe it’s neither – maybe it’s all the cool technology that the 2013 Toyota Prius in Orlando brings to the table at an easily affordable price. Let’s take a look at some of the phenomenal features you’ll have access to when you choose this impressive car!
- A display audio system with a 6.1 inch touch screen. Not only does it lend a sleeker overall look to the dash, it also makes using your audio system much easier. You’ll also have access to navigation services for convenience, as well as Toyota’s Entune – this series of apps help you stay connected. You can buy movie tickets, find the latest Mumford and Sons song on Sirius, or even make dinner reservations without ever leaving the driver’s seat!
- A Solar Powered Ventilation System AND remote air-conditioning system – this is an invaluable addition during hot summer weather, especially when you live in Central Florida!
- The Smart Key System – this remote keyless entry technology allows you to open your vehicle just by touching the door handle, as long as you have your key fob on your person. You’ll also love the ease of a push-button start!
- Bluetooth technology that’s integrated into the audio system, so you can stream both music and phone calls while you’re at the wheel
However, that’s just a small taste of what you’ll find when you explore the new Toyota Prius and its family members! Come down to Toyota of Orlando today to take a look at everything they have to offer, up close and personal. And ask about our new Toyota specials for money-saving opportunities… give us a call and learn more at (888) 725-3520!