It’s been a week of incredible reveals in the world of Toyota and Scion, and at Toyota of Orlando we’re extremely excited about all of the new changes and upgrades being introduced for the 2014 model year! The New York Auto Show was the place to be this March, as both the 2014 Toyota Highlander and 2014 Scion tC were unveiled to eager onlookers. There have been major changes made to the new Toyota, and a great stylistic redesign for the new Scion tC in Orlando. We can’t wait for both of them to hit the lot here at our dealership, and we”ll be sure to keep you up-to-date with details in the meantime! Let’s take a look at what this new Scion has to offer!
2014 Scion tC in Orlando offers a refreshing new look
The 2014 Scion tC in Orlando will boast an updated look – just when we thought things couldn’t get better on this sporty coupe, Toyota proved us wrong. The 2014 model year ushers in updates like:
- New headlights and 18 inch wheels that add extra flair to the exterior; it also has a new and different hood, which extends a bit further down
- A new grilled in the front – it’s a contrasting black to the new paint colors, and has a “tC’ emblem emblazoned on it
- Speaking of new paint colors, two new ones are now available on the 2014 Scion tC – Absolutely Red (which is the same hue you’ll find on the Orlando Scion tC Release Series 8.0) and Blue Streak Metallic
- A new valance in the back – it’s blacked-out like the grille in the front, and it has a new taillight that brags a trapezoidal design
However, that’s just the exterior, believe it or not. The interior of this new Scion in Orlando will showcase changes like:
- A 6.1 inch LCD touch screen integrated into the audio system (it’s the first Scion in the family to get one as a standard feature), which is further enhanced by Bluetooth capabilities, HD Radio, and a steering wheel capped with controls for easy access
- New audio options will also be on the table – you’ll have access to a premium system that incorporates incredible navigation services, social media applications, amazing connectivity to over 30,000 radio stations, and even the convenient of location-based services like Yelp!
New Scion tC amps up performance capabilities
Scion didn’t just take things to the next level in terms of appearance and technology, though – they also upped the ante in the performance aspect of the 2014 Scion tC! You’ll find the following changes:
- While the new Scion in Orlando will still be available in both six-speed manual and six-speed automatic transmissions, Scion has noted that the automatic transmission will shift TWICE as fast as the 2013 model! This is thanks to new technology under the hood – the 2.5L 4-cylinder engine still kicks out 179 horsepower, but it has rev-matching technology that was previously only found in the Orlando Scion FR-S.
- This new Scion also highlights new enhancements to suspension and shocks, as well as a makeover on the electric power steering. Pretty impressive!
We don’t know exactly when this new Scion will arrive at our Toyota dealership in Central Florida, but in the meantime come check out the 2013 model, including the remarkable Release Series 8.0! We’ll see you soon – we’re just off I-4, and you can set up your test drive today by giving us a ring at (888) 725-3520!