The Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race is approaching – it’ll take place in Long Beach, CA on April 20th! At Toyota of Orlando, we’re excited to see which celebs turn out to race to the finish line. The Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race has been part of the Toyota Grand Prix weekend for the past 37 years in a row, and tons of celebs have turned out for the amazing cause. Toyota runs the Pro/Celebrity Race to raise funds for “Racing For Kids” – it’s a non-profit organization that helps to raise money for various children’s hospitals around the US. The automotive manufacturer has donated over $2 million to this fund since 1991! Celebs like George Lucas, Cameron Diaz, John Elway, Adiren Brody, Tony Hawk, Queen Latifah, Jay Leno, and Keanu Reeves have turned out in the past to support the cause. We’re eager to see how the race goes this year!
Orlando Scion FR-S will rule the track at 2013 Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race
However, one of the most exciting aspects of the Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race is the fact that Scion and Toyota took the iconic 2013 Scion FR-S in Orlando and transformed it into a race-worthy car especially for this event! It’s the first time in 27 years that a rear-wheel drive vehicle will take the track, and you won’t believe the incredible upgrades and enhancements that were made to the sports car. Let’s take a look:
- Horsepower was bumped up to 210 to give the Orlando Scion FR-S a little extra oomph
- The car will now ride on 18 inch TRD (Toyota Racing Development) wheels
- Other TRD accessories were tacked on, like a performance air intake, new shocks and springs, a custom brake kit, and a new stainless steel exhaust
- This new Scion race car will also feature front MacPherson Struts and a double wishbone suspension, as well as an entirely new and customized exterior look
Why not experience this new Scion in person?
We’re not surprised that this vehicle was the car of choice for the race – the 2013 Scion FR-S in Orlando provides drivers with a super-slick appearance and a great performance. It’s without a doubt the most popular member of the Scion family at our dealership, and we can’t get enough of the amazing standard features (that come along with a price tag just over $25,000 – talk about awesome). You’ll get elements like:
- A Pioneer Sound System, which hooks you up with Bluetooth technology, iPod connectivity, and the option of Sirius XM Satellite Radio. You can hear all your favorite tunes through 8 exceptional speakers, which are carefully placed around the cabin to enhance your listening experience
- Cruise control for long highway trips (although driving the Orlando Scion FR-S is so much fun you probably won’t want to use this feature much)
- Remote keyless entry for a more convenient experience
- Comfortable and attractive sport bucket front seats, as well as a sleek and carefully designed interior that’s clad in dark fabric accented by bright red stitching
- An exterior boasting sleek lines, 18″ alloy wheels, and an aggressively low stance (which also improves handling a great deal)
- The choice between manual and automatic transmissions – the automatic model comes with fun paddle shifters
Why not experience it in person? The 2013 Scion FR-S is here at our Orlando Toyota dealership – all you have to do is swing by. And luckily for you, our new location is extremely convenient; we’re just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall! Give us a call to make an appointment today – our internet sales team is waiting at (888) 725-3520!