We know, we know – it’s still the beginning of 2013, and we’re already talking about 2014 models! We can’t help it – at Toyota of Orlando, we were extremely excited to find out that Toyota was planning to redesign the new Toyota Tundra for the 2014 model year. We’ve been eagerly anticipating what changes would be brought to the table, and were thrilled to hear that we’d finally get to get more information as the truck was unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show today. We weren’t disappointed when we got a peek at what will be available in September! The 2014 Toyota Tundra in Orlando will feature two entirely new models, plus a slew of upgrades and an incredible new look! We’ve got the scoop – read on!
Two new models are added to the Orlando Toyota Tundra family
First things first: besides the Regular Cab, Double Cab, and Crewmax, you’ll find two new models in the Orlando Toyota Tundra family. Both promise to bring a variety of technology, as well as features aimed at making your drive time the best it can possibly be. You’ll be able to explore the new Platinum model, as well as the 1794 edition – this particular model is named after the location on which the San Antonio, Texas truck factory was built. Both will undoubtedly make this new Toyota in Orlando even more versatile than it already is, and we can’t wait to see exactly what else is in store for us when it arrives! Regardless of which trim level you choose, you’ll also get a sleek redesign. The 2014 model boasts a much bolder look and a huge grill, which makes it more “in-your-face” than ever.
The interior of this new Toyota showcases major upgrades
Toyota developed this new truck at the Toyota Technical Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan, but most of the design work was accomplished in Newport Beach, CA. The truck makes it obvious that both functionality and style were its goals. Apparently, the interiors of each model are themed differently, offering you even more customization than you’re used to.
- Toyota took the time to up the comfort and convenience levels inside of the truck, making knobs and switches larger and moving them closer to the driver so it’s less of a reach to adjust elements like audio or climate.
- The cabin was designed to be more spacious, and also to provide a quieter ride for passengers.
- New safety technology will now be available on the new Toyota Tundra, like a Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, an integrated backup camera for better visibility, and eight airbags
- The Platinum model will showcase a perforated black leather interior, including the dash, as well as a state-of-the-art JBL Sound System
- The 1794 Edition will go for a more rugged feel, with saddle-brown leather seats trimmed with suede, as well as an eye-catching exterior trim different from all other 2014 Toyota Tundra models
- You’ll now be able to choose between the SR, SR5, Limited, Platinum, and 1794 Edition models
We can’t wait to snag one of these new Toyota Tundra in Orlando! They won’t be released until September of this year, but we’ll keep you posted in the meantime as more information unfolds. In the meantime, come check out this workhorse of a Toyota truck at our dealership! Our Toyota dealership in Central Florida is open until 10pm every single day, so give us a ring to set up your test drive at (888) 725-3520!