Spring break is almost here and summer isn’t far behind. If you’re thinking about hitting the beach in your new Orlando Toyota, you’ve got a lot to consider! Driving on sand can be tricky and even dangerous, and you should consider a few things before you head out to Daytona this spring. Luckily for you, Toyota of Orlando has tips straight from our dealership to help you make the most of your beach days! We also have a great selection of new Toyota in Central Florida that are perfect for summer adventures – all you have to do is come down and test drive one today!
Prep your new Toyota for summer fun
When you’re hitting the beach, you should remember a few key tips:
- You need to decrease the PSI of your tires. The more surface area you have touching the sand, the more traction your new Toyota in Orlando will have. Remember to re-inflate before you hit the road! If you have questions about how much air to let out before you drive on the sand, ask our Service Center for direction – we’re happy to help.
- Don’t take turns too fast, stomp on the gas or break, or make sharp turns – all of these jerky, sudden movements can cause your new Toyota to lose traction and subsequently, get stuck. No one wants to spend their day digging their car out instead of catching waves!
- If you happen to get stuck, whatever you do, don’t slam on the gas. Your tires will just spin and you’ll find yourself even more stuck than you were in the first place. Try to reverse out of your ruts over the packed sand you drove on. If that doesn’t work, try putting your floor mats under your rear tires for traction, or even wetting down the sand!
- If your new Toyota in Orlando is a front-wheel drive vehicle, beware! While the hard-packed beaches of Daytona offer a firmer surface, if you take a front-wheel drive vehicle into loose sand you’re asking for trouble.
Our Toyota dealership in Central Florida has plenty of vehicles that are acceptable for summer days spend on the sand – check out just a few of the many options we have to offer!
- The 2013 Toyota Tacoma in Orlando offers off-roading capabilities like you wouldn’t believe, and is available in 4×4. You’ll also love the removable tailgate and the option of a long-bed – plenty of room for coolers and cargo!
- The new Toyota FJ Cruiser offers a 4×4 option as well, and the heavy-duty all-weather flooring can stand up to sand and salt water. You’ll also be able to blast your favorite tunes through the AM/FM CD player with MP3 playback capabilities. Additionally, the option of roof racks makes toting your surfboards easier than ever!
What are you waiting for? Head down to Toyota of Orlando today to check out all of our amazing options and get more tips. We’re just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall, and we’re open until 10pm every night!