Toyota is renowned for its incredible safety research, which is found on all new Toyota in Orlando in the form of the Toyota Star Safety System. At Toyota of Orlando, you can find this innovative safety technology on all new Scion cars in Central Florida as well! Toyota recently announced that it’s teaming up with the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute to conduct research on teen driving, and teen driving distractions. The research will be conducted on a group of teen drivers aged 16-18, as well as parents of newly licensed drivers in the same age group. The study will delve into attitudes regarding distractions during driving, such as texting. The study will be based at Toyota’s research facilities in Ann Arbor, Michigan – the Collaborative Safety Research Center!
Toyota of Orlando prides itself on providing our Toyota drivers in Central Florida with vehicles that offer a reliable and safe ride, no matter where you may be driving. For example. take the new 2013 Toyota Corolla in Orlando! This affordable option is not only decked out with great standard features and technological options, but also incorporates the innovative Star Safety System. When you choose a new Toyota Corolla in Orlando, you’ll get the following safety technology:
- Anti-lock Brake System: The anti-lock brake system in new Toyota in Orlando pulses brake power – this means that your brakes won’t lock up when you’re in an emergency braking situation (which can cause you to lose the ability to steer your car and send you into a skid).
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution: Electronic Brake-Force Distribution is a safety technology that prevents your rear brakes from locking up by redistributing the brake force in your new Toyota car in Central Florida.
- Traction Control: Ever driven in a Central Florida rainstorm? The roads can become extremely slippery, and driving on slippery surfaces can be extremely dangerous. Traction control helps you retain control by applying brake force to wheels that are in motion.
- Brake Assist: At Toyota of Orlando, each of our new Toyota in Central Florida comes with Brake Assist, which senses when you apply the brakes suddenly (such as an emergency braking situation where you have to come to a stop quickly). Brake Assist then applies full pressure so you can safely and efficiently come to a stop.
- Smart Stop Technology: Have you ever been in a situation where you’ve hit the gas and brakes at the same time, such as a tricky traffic situation in Orlando? Smart Stop Technology reduces your Toyota’s power, allowing you to come to a complete stop.
- Vehicle Stability Control: If you’re driving on an uneven or slippery surface, Vehicle Stability Control helps you keep control of your car by reducing your engine’s power and applying the brakes if your car senses that it’s losing control.
Best of all? At our Toyota dealership in Orlando, the Toyota Star Safety System comes standard – in other words, it comes FREE on all new Toyota cars at Toyota of Orlando! How’s that for peace of mind?
Come to Toyota of Orlando today to learn more about Toyota’s innovative safety research and how it can create a safe and reliable driving experience for you. Our brand new location is at 3575 Vineland Road, and you can call a member of the internet sales team to make an appointment to come in at (888) 725-3520 today! See you soon!