Toyota of Orlando is proud to offer Toyota drivers in Central Florida high quality cars that provide amazing performance, style, and reliability. However, as a responsible car owner, there are steps you can take to extend the life of your Orlando Toyota vehicle and ensure that it’s running in tip top shape!
Not only can you bring your vehicle into our state-of-the-art Service Center at Toyota of Orlando for regular maintenance, you can also take certain precautions and strides to get the best performance possible!
- Do you have a million keychains on your keys? They may look cool, but they can actually damage the ignition over time by putting strain on it and wearing out the tumblers inside of it. Lose the keychains and prevent having an ignition failure!
- Keep track of when you put gas in your Orlando Toyota, as well as how much. If your fuel efficiency suddenly takes a nose dive, let our Toyota of Orlando Service Center know – you may proactively prevent a bigger problem!
- Got paint nicks? You know, those annoying little scratches that may not seem like a big deal, but can actually cause rust to appear over time. Get a paint pen and fill them in to prevent larger issues later!
- Watch your windshield! What seems like a little chip can turn into a HUGE crack, leading to a windshield replacement if it gets bad enough. Get chips and small cracks repaired when they first occur – the Toyota of Orlando body shop can help you do so affordably and efficiently.
- Keep your tires inflated! Not only does it help you get better fuel efficiency in your Orlando Toyota – it also can prevent blowouts. When tires ride unevenly, it causes excessive wear and can lead to a shorter lifespan.
- Get your oil changes! Routine oil changes are absolutely essential to your car functioning properly and having a long life. Without oil changes, dirty oil can cause major problems in your car’s engine. Toyota of Orlando offers affordable oil changes in Orlando for all makes and models!
- Take care of your battery! Check it regularly – make sure you keep and eye out for corrosion, cracks, any bulging in the case, and any other damage. You should also wipe down your battery with a clean damp rag, and you can even spray the clamps and terminals with a thin coating of grease to avoid corrosion.
- Take it easy on your car! Don’t drive like a maniac – i.e., don’t jam on the gas or breaks, don’t yank the steering wheel (as this can damage the power steering over time), avoid potholes and drive slowly over uneven surfaces. If you get into a sticky situation (like snow, mud, etc.), also be careful. Don’t throw your car into reverse and drive repeatedly and slam on the gas – this can cause problems later on with your transmission, etc..
Those are just a few tips from Toyota of Orlando – we’ve got additional excellent maintenance tips at our website, and if you have questions, feel free to call our Toyota dealership in Central Florida! Our brand new Service Center is here to help and provide regular maintenance, and our Orlando auto repair shop is always available to get your car back into like-new condition. Feel free to call us at (888) 725-3520 to learn more about new Toyota and used cars in Orlando if a new vehicle is in your cards, and ask about our amazing new Toyota specials, as well as specials in our Central Florida service center! Toyota of Orlando is located at 3575 Vineland Road in Orlando. See you soon!