Everyone knows that between Memorial Day and Labor Day, its driving season. While driving a Toyota might be enough to keep your road trips problem-free here are the top 7 Toyota maintenance tips to make sure you don’t hit any unexpected bumps in the road.
- Check Your Brakes – It is vital to make sure that you are driving with brakes that are not wearing thin. Also it’s important to replace damaged rotors and drums. If all of the equipment is not working properly there is a chance for failure! Don’t be left on the side of the road!
- Check Windshield Wipers – Let’s be honest, this is Florida. We all know that in the afternoon you will encounter some rain. If your wipers are not working properly it can reduce visibility and cause an accident! Be sure to check them and see that they are in perfect condition. Just so you know if you sign up to receive coupons from our Toyota service center via Email you get a voucher for free wipers on your birthday! We install them, too!
- Check the A/C – It’s is hard to find something that compares to driving in a car during the Florida summer with no A/C. It’s incredibly uncomfortable! If you have children the last thing you want is them in a car sweating. We are sure everyone can relate to driving in a car and being in a puddle of sweat by the time you make it to where you need to go. Do yourself and your passengers a favor and check that A/C so you can avoid it burning out! Toyota of Orlando sometimes has specials going on for free A/C checks, so there is no excuse!
- Change the Oil– This should be done every 5,000 miles (except for synthetic that is every 10,000). Make sure to keep up with the oil changes, especially during the summer months because the excess heat naturally causes the engine to work harder. Avoid costly repairs by keeping up with this!
- Check Belts and Hoses – For each vehicle there are recommended intervals for which the belts and hoses need to be changes. Just because the car is still running does not mean that they are still in good condition. Be proactive and get them replaced in a timely fashion! Be sure to use genuine Toyota parts to keep them running like new!
- Check Fluids – People assume that getting your oil changed means that all of the other fluids are being inspected too. Wrong. Unless of course you are coming to Toyota of Orlando. Making sure that all other fluids are at proper levels to ensure your Toyota will function properly!
- Check Tires – Very important!!! Before you jump in the driver’s seat, check the tires! It is important that they have enough thread. If you are driving with tires that are worn out you are increasing your chances for a blowout, loss of traction on the road, and more. A trick to checking whether or not it’s time for new tires is this: Stick a penny upside down between the tread, if you can see Lincoln’s head… It’s time for new tires!
Visit The Service Center At Toyota Of Orlando
Toyota of Orlando wants to ensure everyone has a safe summer! Be sure to stop by our Toyota service center before hitting the road. Let one of our Toyota Certified Technicians take a look at your car before hitting the road! You can avoid any wait time by going to the schedule service page on our website! It’s easy! If you have any questions we are just a phone call away at 888-725-3520. Have a safe and happy summer!